The journey of the company started in Thessaly in 1968 when the brothers N. Tachas perfected their secrets of cheese making.
TEMPI “Greek Dairy Products” was formed in 2005 due to the passion of the current owners for products which are produced with pure, excellent quality raw materials and their belief in healthy Mediterranean diet.
Nowadays, Konstantinos Rompas and Nikolaos Tachas are leading the TEMPI team to the next phase of development of the cheese factory.
Important dates in the TEMPI “Greek Dairy Products”
- Sheep farming by Tachas brothers.
- Formation of company for the retail of milk products in the center of Larissa.
- Cheese making in Parapotamos, Larissa.
- Winter cheese making in Tyrnavos, Larissa and summer production in Pisoderi, Florina.
- Cheese making in the mountain village of Vlasti in Kozani.
- Cheese making in the area of Kozani.
- Construction of private cheese making facility in Makrichori, Larissa.
- Move of the company to better more modern facilities in the same area, nearer the valley of Tempi.
- Cheese making in Omolio, Larissa.
- Purchase of new facility in Makrichori, Larissa by the current owners and renaming of company into TEMPI “Greek Dairy Products”.
- As well as the production of FETA P.D.O. in 16kg tins, the company begins production in smaller packages.
- EAS Larissa buys the majority share in the company.
- Extension of facility and production of traditional yogurt.
- Departure of EAS Larissa from the company.
- Production of strained goat’s and cow’s yogurt.
- Bottling of goat’s milk.
- Bottling of probiotic goat’s drinks.
- Production of various organic milk products.
- Production of goat’s ice cream in three flavours.